Convert account numbers and sort codes into IBAN. Seamlessly.
New year, new facts – as of 2014, the following applies: “The most important innovation for bank customers is a key number that, in future, will replace all national account details (in Germany, it will replace the account number and sort code): The IBAN (International Bank Account Number). The IBAN is a different length, depending on the country (in Germany, it is always 22 digits) but, in principle, it is always structured in the same way: It consists of an international part, which is composed of a country code and a check digit, and a national part, which contains individual account details. In Germany, this is the sort code and account number.”
(Source: German Federal Bank)
For you, this means the following: Existing account data must be converted. All of it. Reliably. Completely.
Previously, the bank name, sort code and account number were stored as account data for German customers. These now have to be converted into the IBAN.
Checking German account numbers and sort codes
You can use check digits to check that the structure of an account number is correct. There are over 100 different procedures that have been published by the German Federal Bank.
BIC (SWIFT) – indispensable
“For domestic transfers and direct debits, it is expected that, by February 2014 (and by February 2016 for cross-border payments), yet another code will have to be specified: BIC (Business Identifier Code). This is an international standardized bank code (comparable with the sort code in Germany) that is used to uniquely identify payment service providers across the world.”
(Source: German Federal Bank)
TOLERANT Bank checks and converts account information. With TOLERANT Bank, you can validate existing information on account numbers and sort codes, and transfer this to IBAN. TOLERANT Bank checks BIC data and can derive BIC data from IBAN data.
Typical application areas
Checking bank data
When entering data, immediately check whether account numbers and sort codes are valid, and easily convert these into IBAN or BIC.
IBAN stock conversion
Check and convert the existing account and bank data for your customers into the new IBAN.
Speed up data entry thanks to an intelligent bank search.
Determine and check the BIC
Check the existing BIC information and automatically define the BIC from the
We can show you further details on TOLERANT Bank in a web session.Make an appointment
- DE – Check sort codes/account numbers
- DE – Use an error-tolerant method to determine the sort code using the bank name and city/town
- DE – Convert sort code/account number into IBAN and BIC
- DE – Convert IBAN into sort code/account number
- Validate the IBAN
- Derive the BIC from the IBAN
- Validate the BIC
- Bank search (fast completion)
- Enter bank data more quickly
- Prevent errors when inputting data
- Fast checking of large data stocks too
- Reduced costs thanks to the prevention of errors
- Future-proof for IBAN introduction
- Supports Windows Server, Linux, Solaris, and other Unix systems (on request)
- Can be run in virtualized system environments
- Optimized for multi-core platforms
- Short response times even if there are many parallel users
- SEPA conversion of existing bank connections
- Input check in ERP and CRM systems or Internet applications and webshops
- Bank data check in data management processes and system interfaces
- Data clean-up as part of migration projects
- Can be integrated into your own applications via web service (REST
or SOAP) or API for C, Java, PL/SQL
- Can be integrated into ETL tools via
a web service (Informatica, Talend, Pentaho Data Integration, etc.)