Release 3.0, 2015/06/03
- The manual was updated to version 1.4 (Productversion 3.0).
- Before this release, when DB request logging was activated, service requests were only logged to the database if either the loglevel of LOGFILE or TRACE was set to at least DEBUG. Starting with this release, the DB request logging, will always log to the database. To disable the request logging to the DB, just unconfigure the defined database in the attribute reqLogDbRef of the runtime.
- There is a plethora of new parameters for the silent installation:
- windowsServiceName and windowsServiceDisplayName. These are relevant for the windows installation only and can be set to change the windows service name. If they are unset, the default name (tolerant_name_service) will be used.
- doHttps If set to true, then HTTPS will be activated for the web server (if configured) and a self-signed certificate will be created.
- httpsPort If doHttps is set, then this will be the HTTPS port.
- switchHTTPOff If set to true, then the HTTP port will be disabled. Only valid of doHttps is set.
- https.password If doHttps is set, then this will be the password for the key-/truststore
- https.hostname If doHttps is set, then this name value be used for the certificate generation (CN)
- Windows only: During the installation, new questions will appear. If the question „Change Windows Service Name“ ist answered positively, the internal windows service and the display name for the windows service will be asked and the installer will then change the service registration scripts.
- All platforms: During the installation, new questions will appear. HTTPS configuration can now be handled by the installer directly.
- Time spent on garbage collection will be monitored periodically every 5 seconds. A warning is shown if moving average time spent for garbage collection exceeds threshold. Threshold is 5 by default or can be set with system property „tl.gcruntimethreshold“
New Product Features
- The batch process can now be started with the option –test <nr of lines>. This activates – regardless of the setting of testmode in the configuration – the test mode and only the first <nr of lines> will be processed.
- The reference data for firstnames, lastnames, stopwords and companies have been updated.
- During the startup phase the reference data for the non-perl mode is checked for duplicate entries.
- The reference data and the input are normalized before looking up names, etc.
- There is a new attribute allowEmptyResults for the synonymFile tag. If set to „N“, a synonym replacement that leads to an empty result will not be performed.
- The security tool has new options to hash passwords.
- no performance improvements
- If Name Batch is configured to use batch update when writing in a database, the following should be taken into consideration:
- If some statements in the batch could not be executed, then the whole batch is rolled back.
- Bug #1300: If the installer was started in a directory called „install“, the installer deleted itself.
- Bug #1540: The installer now checks for write-only files and disk space before installing. If a problem occurs the installer will warn about the problem, but continue.
- Bug #2563:
command is required for the installer script under Linux.
- Bug #2583: The installer will now check each file after the installation, if it matches the file in the installer package. In case a file was not overwritten, a warning will be generated.
- Bug #2776: Silent installation for https failed with exception
- Bug #2778: Installation to / fails with exception
- Bug #1499: csv file reader has problem escaping a character if the quote character was not used.
- Bug #2298: synonymList does not work with non character fields. The use of synonymList for a field of type D or L is no longer allowed.
- Bug #2645: If a project configuration contains errors the project state will now be „ERROR“ instead of „UNKNOWN“.
- Bug #2659: while adding a new user, the security tool does not check if the user already exists.
- Bug #2603: Reading database input for batch processes returned a row as a line with null values if corresponding columns had null values. This led to NullPointerException while processing the input for synonyms.
- Bug#2804: Admin commands may fail, if db request logging is activated for a database where an empty string is treated as NULL value (eg. ORACLE).
- Please refer to the manual
- Please refer to the manual